Become a Transformative Educational Leader!
The SJSU Lurie College of Education Ed.D. Leadership Program prepares the next generation of leaders with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to understand the causes of inequitable outcomes in P-16 educational institutions. Students in this program are also simultaneously prepared to assess pedagogies, practices, policies, and curricula that hold the potential to improve the life chances of minoritized students.
These efforts are crucial as more than 8 in 10 California superintendents will be eligible for retirement in the next five years. In Santa Clara County alone, nearly 1,000 administrators serve 398 schools.
EdD Leadership Program Announcements
The 9th cohort of the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership at San José State University begins Summer 2022. For more information on the doctoral program, please sign up for one of our information sessions:
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021 from 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 from 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Fall 2021 Dissertation Defenses - Two of our students are defending their dissertations this semester. Learn more about their dissertation titles and details about how to RSVP to attend.
Lurie College and SJSU Announcements
- 2020-2021 Impact Report - As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, our SJSU Lurie College of Education is positioned to lead. Read about the impact of our students, faculty, programs, and more from the past year.
- 2022 U.S. News and World Report Rankings - Lurie College moved up 33 spots in this year's rankings of Best Education Schools and is #2 among universities in the Cal State system, #4 among universities in the Bay Area, and #14 among universities in California.
- Financial Aid Opportunities - Visit this page to learn about the numerous scholarship and grant opportunities available through the college. The application process for scholarships takes place each spring semester.
- SJSU Lurie College of Education Blog - Our college-wide blog contains more announcements, opportunities, and news for and about ChAD students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Student, Alumni, and Faculty Spotlights
EdD student Sofia Fojas has been awarded a 3-year fellowship from our Center for Collaborative Research Excellence in Education (CCREE) to engage in applied research that addresses and advances equitable outcomes for students in foster care and students experiencing homelessness in the K-12 population. Read the full press release on the Lurie College blog.
Our Fall 2021 newsletter includes details on our newest cohort of students, recent faculty and alumni achievements, and more.
Upcoming Lurie College Events
Ed.D. Alumni & Students Contact Information Update form - If you have moved, changed jobs, or had a change in contact information, please share your updated information with us.