- Baccalaureate degree with overall minimum GPA of 3.0 in last 60 semester or quarter units
- Strong writing skills and evidence of quantitative ability
- Multicultural experience
- Clear commitment to public health as demonstrated through work or volunteer experiences
- 2 years post-baccalaureate health related experience preferred
- Submission of 2 applications - To SJSU via Cal State Apply and to the MPH Program. See Checklist below for details.
- GRE is not required.
MPH Admissions Checklist:
Step 1: Apply to SJSU
- Apply online at Cal State Apply
- Review SJSU/Cal State Apply deadlines
- SJSU deadlines differ from the MPH program deadlines. Please take a moment to review SJSU's Domestic and International application deadlines: SJSU GAPE Deadlines
- SJSU Domestic deadline is July 1, 2022 (document deadline July 20, 2022) - Extended and Final Deadline
- SJSU International deadline is April 1, 2022 (document deadline April 20, 2022).
- Pay application fee
- Official transcripts sent via mail or electronically:
- For international transcripts send to World Education Service (WES). Due to the pandemic, additional evaluation services are provided. Please refer to SJSU's website for more details.
- For domestic transcripts send to:
San Jose State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0100
- If your university offers official electronic transcripts, SJSU will also accept this method of delivery. If your university requires an email address to send an official, electronic transcript, the recipient address is: email@example.com
Step 2: Application to the MPH Program
- Select one format only (Campus or Online). You may not transfer after acceptance.
- Complete application
- Review MPH Program deadlines
- MPH application deadlines are listed in the MPH Admissions Information Packet and the MPH Application. Please review both links.
- MPH application deadlines are:
- February 1, 2022 (early admissions)
- July 1, 2022 (regular admissions) - Extended and Final Deadline
- If you are an International applicant, you must submit an application by April 1, 2022 to abide by SJSU's deadline.
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Must be on official letterhead, signed, and include contact information for author. The MPH Program will request letters from your writer. Letters from applicants will not be accepted.
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages).
- More informations is in the MPH Admissions Information Packet below:
- MPH Admissions Information Packet
- Link to MPH Application: https://sjsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9mnoI7H9fXnsTIy