Software Engineering, Specialization in Cybersecurity (MS)
Master of Science
Power your future with a Master of Science in Software Engineering and a specialization in Cybersecurity. This unique degree program at SJSU is designed to meet the high demand for skilled expertise in the rapidly evolving field of Cybersecurity. Students in our M.S. in Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity program gain hands-on experience in design, development, testing, and deployment of secure systems, as well as a solid understanding in organizational risk management and records integrity.
- Unique and Flexible Program
The program is designed for working professionals taught by Silicon Valley industry practitioners following a leading-edge curriculum. Students master engineering fundamentals and technical skills needed to solve real-world problems and classes are offered at convenient locations in a flexible format.
- Value Driven
The program offers exceptional educational value along with industry-focused curriculum at affordable rates, a high return on investment, and career opportunities both in the public and private sectors. According to Cybersecurity Ventures, “there will be 3.5 million cybersecurity job openings by 2021".
- Career-Aligned Opportunities
Students collaborate with faculty and industry partners to actively prepare for professional engineering careers, and Silicon Valley technology companies, and organizations currently employ more SJSU graduates from engineering, computer science and business than from any other college or university.
Applying to the Program
Program Status: Not Accepting Applications.
The Minimum Requirement:
- A 4-year Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Post-baccalaureate professional experience may be accepted as an alternative for applicants from other engineering or science disciplines (e.g., physics, mathematics, electrical engineering).
- B.S. (or equivalent) degrees from other countries are acceptable.
- A 3.0 or above GPA based on the last 60 technical semester units, 90 technical units from the previous quarter, or all degree units.
- An English language proficiency test if required - review SJSU GAPE Requirements
Admission is competitive.
For more specific information on SJSU's admission requirements, please visit the Engineering Extended Studies website.