Information Science and Data Analytics (BSISDA)
The Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Data Analytics (BSISDA) prepares students who have a passion for problem-solving and human-centered technology to use data to influence business decisions that affect real change. This highly sought-after, competitive degree offers students a flexible, fully online format making it possible to complete the degree from anywhere.
The skills gained in the program prepare students to fill a voracious need for qualified
data professionals in multiple industries, positions that are well paid, and provide
significant room for advancement.
Topics covered in the program are geared to industry needs, including analytics, data visualization, big data, digital curation, digital assets management, knowledge management, information architecture, documents and records management, health care, education, and other emerging technologies.
|Sign up for email notifications||Program Website|
- Online Program: Classes and labs are fully online and accessible from anywhere.
- Outstanding Faculty: Academic and industry experts provide students with an industry-aligned curriculum and transferable practical knowledge and skills in information systems and data analytics.
- Career-Aligned: Teaches marketable skills that prepare you for job opportunities across Silicon Valley.
- High ROI: An affordable degree with high job demand and higher than average salaries.
Your Career Opportunities
The BS in Information Science and Data Analytics degree prepares graduates for a career in data analytics, database administration, UX/UI, technology development, digital curation, cybersecurity, web content and development, and information architecture. Graduates may also take on positions, such as IT advisor, front-end web developer, data architect, and data visualization specialist.
Applying to the Program
Please follow the application steps to apply for the BS in Information Science and Data Analytics degree.
Applicants are required to meet the following:
- Completion of at least 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units
- Grade point average of 2.0 or better
- Completion of “golden four” CSU-approved General Education requirements with a C- or higher.
Application Period: October 1, 2020, through April 1, 2021.