Software Engineering, Specialization in Data Science (MS)
The Master of Science degree in Software Engineering, Specialization in Data Science meets the ever-increasing need of many industries for data specialists to gather and analyze data. More and more, companies need skilled data scientists to help direct corporate decision making. This program’s industry-focused curriculum prepares students to work across sectors and offers them a variety of career paths in Silicon Valley and elsewhere.
Employment forecasts for the Data Science field in the Bay Area show a projected growth of 29% by 2028 according to Hanover Research. Businesses of all kinds will be looking to hire Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and Advanced Analysts, to name a few job titles. Look into how this specialization can accelerate your career while you continue to work.
|Sign up for email notifications||Program Website|
- Outstanding Faculty
Industry leaders and academic experts offer a wide range of industry experience.
- Flexible Schedule for Working Professionals
Conveniently scheduled evening and weekend classes that fit your work schedule.
A cohort experience that enables a deeper and wider exchange of knowledge and networking with peers.
Applying to the Program:
Prospective students interested in the program are encouraged to complete a prequalification form so that a faculty advisor can review the student’s background and determine their suitability for the program.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 3.0 (B) or above - GPA based on the last 60 technical semester units, 90 technical units from a previous quarter, or all degree units
- An applicant from a non-U.S. institution must present scores that meet the university minimum scores for one of the following tests: TOEFL, IELTS Academic, Pearson Test of English Academic, or Duolingo English Test (for Fall 2021 applicants only)
- Conditional admission may be granted for applicants with an exceptional background and GPA less than 3.0 but greater than 2.5
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- No GRE/GMAT score required
For more specific information on SJSU's admission requirements, please visit the Engineering Extended Studies website.