Service Navigation Mentoring Program
The Service Navigation Mentoring Program hires former Record Clearance Project (RCP) clients who have had their criminal records expunged to serve as mentors supporting clients who are in custody or recently released. By pairing clients with mentors, justice-involved individuals gain structure and life skills.
Mentors connect clients to a wide range of services and help them meet immediate needs such as the following:
- Drug or alcohol recovery
- Transportation assistance
- Employment searches and readiness
- Food and benefits (e.g., EBT cards)
- Housing and shelter searches
After clients’ immediate needs have been met, mentors and clients create a plan of action to help clients reach their goals and achieve self-sufficiency. As clients demonstrate their progress in moving forward with their lives, mentors will refer clients to legal services to start the process of expunging their records.
Following are examples of “success stories” illustrating how comprehensive services grounded in personal connection can help people overcome the systemic barriers associated with reentry. “Success” takes various forms; we recognize clients’ successes in accomplishing the small miracles of the day.
- From "I'm tired of living like this" to "I can do anything" [pdf]
- Spanish-speaking mentor and support group [pdf]
- A guide to moving forward after 23 years in custody [pdf]
"Changing lives, one connection at a time."
Due to health advisories, the Mentoring Program is currently providing services in the community and office by appointment only. For eligibility criteria on enrolling with the Mentoring Program, please see our flyer [pdf]. You can request assistance in connecting with services by contacting us at: email@example.com or (408) 924-7374
Diana Carreras, Mentor (Bilingual):
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 924-7374 (Ext. 2)
Victoria Kirschner, Mentor:
- email@example.com or (408) 924-7374 (Ext. 1)
Jesse Mejia, Program Manager:
Stacy Quezada, Mentor (Bilingual):
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 924-7374 (Ext. 4)