Microsoft Campus Agreement Program
The Microsoft (MS) Campus Agreement provides faculty and staff, including officially recognized Auxiliary organizations, with the use of certain desktop products and CORE Client Access Licenses (CALs) including Software Assurance (SA) for a three-year period. SA covers the products for any new releases during the 3-year term of the contract.
Students are not licensed under this agreement. Microsoft products licensed for use under this agreement are:
- Office Current Versions
- The most current client Windows Operating Systems (OS). This includes Windows 8.
- Office SharePoint Designer (formerly FrontPage)
- Visual Studio Professional
- CORE CAL Suite as follows:
- Windows Server CAL (Important CALs are client licenses and do NOT include server licenses!)
- Exchange Server Standard CAL
- Office SharePoint Server Standard CAL
- System Center Configuration Manager Configuration Management (formerly SMS)
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization Product (MDOP). This product is purchased through the Campus Agreement and invoiced back to the participating campuses.
Terminal Server CAL's are not included in the Campus Agreement and must be purchased through the Select Agreement.
- Server licenses allocated from previous contracts are no longer covered by the new Campus Agreement. They should now be purchased if you plan to continue using them. The SJSU Academic Technology Computer Center highly recommends purchasing Server software with Software Assurance. Don't forget to purchase non CORE CALs needed for the servers you use.
- See About Microsoft Pricing for definitions and a brief description of available CALs.
- Windows on a Macintosh is covered by the Campus Agreement.
- MS Project and MS Visio are not licensed under the Campus Agreement; these products should be purchased under the Select Agreement.
- University-owned computers that are used by faculty and staff to do work at home are covered by the Agreement; Work At Home (WAH) media need not be purchased for this purpose.
- Students are covered for CORE CALs and for on-campus use only on a University-owned computer.
How to Obtain Software
SJSU Faculty and non IT Support Staff
- To request installation of any software covered by the MS Campus Agreement contact your department/college support person.
- If your department/college does not have a support person, submit a service request
for installation assistance:
- Contact the SJSU IT Help Desk at (408) 924-1530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the Academic Technology Computer Center at (408) 924-2377 during our normal business hours.
- Or, go to our ticket portal and submit an incident ticket into our ticketing system.
- Or, visit us in Clark Hall room 102 during our normal business hours.
- For software not included in the Microsoft Campus Agreement, you may purchase licenses through the Microsoft Select Program.
- Work at Home rights do not apply to software purchased under the Select program.