The university GoCard program, similar to a ProCard,  is used to prepay expenses related to Official University travel. Allowable expenses include:

  • Conference fees
  • Registration fees
  • Airfare
  • Car rentals
  • Lodging
  • Travel arrangements made through the official university vendor, Travel Consultants
  • Parking/Taxi/Shuttle

GoCards are issued only to staff responsible for arranging and coordinating travel for their department. Go cards will not be issued to individuals solely for their use.

To apply for or make changes to an existing GoCard, complete the GoCard Application. For more information, please contact the GoCard Program Administrator.

  1. Request a GoCard by completing the GoCard Application.
  2. Take the in-person training course GoCard Reconciliation (FIN903).
    • You must complete this course and request system access before you can enter the ProCard Reconciliation functions of PeopleSoft Finance.
    • For details about how to register for this course, login, complete the training and request system access, please visit MySJSU Training for Employees.
    • If you need help with this process, contact the Administrative Applications Help Desk at 408-924-1530.
  3. Save your receipts whenever you use the GoCard to make a purchase.
    • Please note: all travel-related expenses must be pre-approved through a Request for Travel Authorization in FTS prior to being arranged using the GoCard.
    • If you lose a receipt, replace it with the Certification of Receipt of Goods (pdf).
  4. Each month, you must reconcile your statement to verify that the charges are valid and that goods have been received.
  •  Detailed receipts for each expense, including reference to the Travel Authorization number which corresponds with the expense.
Additional Requirements  Understanding of the GoCard Manual.