Accounts Payable makes every effort to ensure timely processing of payment requests. Checks are issued twice a week. Payment is considered to be complete on the day the check is issued. If check pickup is requested, it must be approved by the Accounts Payable Manager in advance.
Below represents the average processing times for payments requests:
- Contracts and Purchase Orders are paid within 30 days of invoice date. Purchase order invoices can be submitted
to Accounts Payable by the supplier or department using the e-Invoice portal.
Please note: Invoices uploaded to the Requisition in FTS serves as backup documentation. They are not forwarded to Accounts Payable by Contracts and Purchasing Services for payment.
- Direct Payments are paid within two weeks of receipt in Accounts Payable
- Employee/Student Reimbursements are paid within two weeks of receipt in Accounts Payable
- Registration Payment Requests are paid within two weeks of receiving paperwork from department
- Travel Reimbursements are paid within two weeks of receipt in Accounts Payable
Payments may be delayed if:
- The Vendor Data Record Std. 204 (pdf) is not on file
- The receiver is not entered in CFS
- Proper documentation is not included with paperwork