Tax Sheltered Annuity 403(b)
CSU Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) Program Changes Effective April 1, 2016
The California State University is making important changes to the Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) Program which will be effective April 1, 2016. The most significant change is the consolidation from five vendors (i.e. TIAA-CREF, VALIC, MetLife, ING/VOYA, and Fidelity) to one sole vendor, Fidelity Investments. The CSU is working directly with Fidelity Investments and the State Controller's Office to ensure a smooth transition for participants. Employees will receive additional communications directly from the CSU and Fidelity Investments regarding the transition, plan options, timelines and where to find more information.
All TSA enrollments, deferral changes and fund investment selections are designated by employees via Fidelity Investments (Group Plan Number 50537) online or by calling 1-800-343-0860 effective April 2016. All salary reduction changes (stop, start, increase and/or decrease) are managed by the employee.
- Click on the following links to view communications from the Chancellor's Office regarding the transition: Active Employees (.pdf) and Retirees and Former Employees (.pdf)
- Dedicated Website for CSU Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan changes: www.netbenefits.com/calstate
- Your Guide for the Transition to Fidelity (.pdf) includes changes, dates and investment options.
- CSU investment Options Guide (.pdf) includes all available investment options.
- Participants with an existing balance in any of the five TSA plan sponsors, MetLife, Fidelity, VALIC, TIAA-CREF or Voya will not have their existing funds automatically transferred to Fidelity Investments.
- Participants may elect to transfer their existing balance(s) to Fidelity Investments’ new fund line up after April 1, 2016.