CSU employees are eligible to retire when they have five years of CalPERS service at age 50 years or later.
To receive retirement health benefits, you need to:
- Retire within 120 days of your separation from employment
- Be eligible for enrollment in a CalPERS medical plan on your date of separation
- Receive a retirement allowance from CalPERS
- Medical, dental and vision coverage can continue into retirement for eligible employees and their eligible dependents
- CSU-paid life insurance (if applicable) does not continue into retirement, but retirees are provided the option to convert their CSU-paid life insurance to an individual policy
- CSU-paid LTD insurance (if applicable) ends upon separation from employment