Applying to Graduate

Graduation does not automatically happen when a student completes his or her required courses. Instead, a student must apply for graduation nearly a year in advance (by March 1 for December graduation and by July 1 for May graduation).

Applying for graduation involves completing several forms, getting them signed by the appropriate people, and submitting them.

Major Forms

Previous Major Forms

Graduation Application

Equivalency Forms

  • Transcripts from colleges and universities attended other than SJSU. (Copies are okay.)
  • Equivalency Forms for all courses transferred from colleges and universities that do not have an articulation agreement with SJSU. (Examples would include out-of-state and out-of-country universities.)