On Campus Photo Experience
Congratulations Spring 2021 Graduates!
San Jose State University was excited to host eligible graduating students on campus for the first time in over a year! Starting on Wednesday, May 26, after the live-streamed kick-off, through Friday, May 28, eligible graduating students were invited to participate in an on-campus blue carpet walk-through photo experience (by appointment only). All current state and county health guidelines were followed to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Please note that current state and county public health guidelines may prevent individuals currently residing outside of California from participating in the experience. Students should be aware that the state of California currently recommends that anyone traveling into the area from out of state who is not fully vaccinated should get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before travel, and get tested 3-5 days upon arrival to their destination. They should stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel, even if their test is negative. Travelers who are not fully vaccinated and don't get tested should stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
All attendees should be screened or self-screen for fever and COVID-19 symptoms before leaving home for the event. Use the SJSU COVID-19 Symptom Check Tool. Anyone who is feeling ill, has symptoms of COVID-19, or has potentially been exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 should not attend the on-campus photo experience.
For the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, the following items are not permitted at the event:
- NO Drones or airborne flying devices
- NO Helium Balloons
- NO Artificial noise-making devices, horns, air horns
- NO Inflatable balls, frisbees, tortillas, etc.
- NO Confetti or streamers
- NO Skateboards, scooters, rollerblades
- NO Signs or banners larger than 3’ x 5’ and must be foldable (if a banner is brought, it will be inspected before being admitted. It may not be attached to any railings, fencing, etc. Must be held only)
- NO Coolers, hard sided coolers
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Fruit and Candy)
- NO Illegal Substances, Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
- NO Tobacco Products or Paraphernalia
- NO Markers, Pens or Spray Paint
- NO Laser Pointers
- NO Backpacks, Large Purses or Bags (Anything Over 10“ x 10”)
- NO Weapons of Any Kind (Includes Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc.)
- NO Professional Recording Equipment – Photo Video, or Audio (No Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms or Commercial Use Rigs)
- NO Items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate by management that may disrupt other attendees' enjoyment of the event
- NO Pets are permitted at this event. ADA service animals are allowed.
- There is no public storage for items not allowed inside nor can any items be held by a staff member.
- All guests will be subject to search, which may include the use of electronic devices, pat downs and inspections of bags.
- Guests are discouraged from bringing unnecessary items to the event.