SJSU Innovation Fund
Your donation to the SJSU Innovation Fund will support innovation programs and SJSU-affiliated startups, providing them with key resources required by emerging entrepreneurs and contributing significantly to the likelihood of their success. Because many of our startups are conceptualized and created by first-generation founders coming from diverse backgrounds, your gift will help fund critical business mentoring and provide support that could be life-changing on many levels.
SJSU Incubator Launch Director Michael “Mash” Ashley and Distinguished Alumnus Bill Mazotti ‘84 lead a discussion with students at an entrepreneurship event sponsored by the Office of Innovation and SV SBDC.
The SJSU Innovation Fund helps support core programs, collaborations and activities designed to leverage SJSU’s resources and encourage entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking across disciplines. Your individual or corporate gift can have a multiplier effect as we leverage other state, local and federal funding to harness the talents of Spartans and develop the innovative leaders of tomorrow.
Examples of where funds could be targeted include, but are not limited to, the following:
- SJSU Incubator: A program focused on formation and growth of SJSU-affiliated startup companies.
- Innovation Speaker Series: Guest speakers from Silicon Valley and across the globe share their experiences and
expertise as entrepreneurs.
- Proof of Concept Funding: Recipients receive an initial amount of funding allowing them to examine whether
their idea is potentially feasible in the marketplace. Funds would also allow recipients
to develop prototypes which could then be used to seek out further funding opportunities.
- Additional Programs: Holistic support bolstering interdisciplinary resources for innovation and entrepreneurship,
including the IDEA Lab, Silicon Valley Innovation Challenge, and Silicon Valley Business
- Collaboration & Engagement with Innovation Partners: Enhancing resources and opportunities to partner and facilitate programing with innovation drivers like the Silicon Valley Small Business Development Center (SV SBDC) and other organizations in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Thank you for your support!
For More Information, contact:
Jacob Manaloor, JD
Director of Development for Research and Innovation