Welcome to Summer Session
Whether you wish to get ahead with your degree, make up for courses missed, or explore
new areas of study, Summer Session can help you earn the credit you need. Designed
for SJSU students and community college students alike, Summer Session gives you the
opportunity to take classes for college credit during one of three convenient time frames. Several hundred courses
are offered from a variety of SJSU colleges and departments.
Three Summer Session Options
- June 5, 2023 – July 7, 2023 (five week)
- June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023 (ten week)
- July 10, 2023 – August 11, 2023 (five week)
- Wednesday, March 29: 11 am - 12 pm (Virtual, register here)
- Wednesday, April 12: 11 am - 1:30 pm (7th St. Plaza, Booth #26)
- Thursday, May 4: 11 am - 1:30 pm (7th St. Plaza, Booth #26)
- Save Money – The cost of credits at San José State University are significantly lower than private institutions in the Bay Area.
- Save Time – SJSU summer courses will help you get ahead in your coursework, will give you a leg-up on your career, and get you in the workforce faster.
- Year-Round Pell - The Pell Grant funds can be used to cover a portion of the cost of summer courses. Courses can all be taken in one summer session or you can take three units in each session. If you have questions on whether you are eligible to use the Pell Grant in the summer or if it is the right financial decision for you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.