Study in Silicon Valley
Regional internships, industry-experienced faculty and a vast network of San José State University alumni offers students connections to many of the biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world. Get one step closer to launching your Silicon Valley career through SJSU’s Intersessions.
Faculty with Industry Experience:
Instructors are also industry leaders and offer real-world experience
Vast Local Alumni Network:
SJSU ranks #1 for "Most Silicon Valley Hires” (Business Insider)
Internships with top companies often lead to full-time employment
Facts and Figures
- SJSU is a Silicon Valley Talent Pipeline: SJSU alumni are employed by some of the biggest companies in the world, such as Facebook/Meta, Google, Genentech, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Abbott, Tesla, AirBnB, Apple, Cisco, and more.
- Reliable Career Outlook: 90% of MS Medical Product Development Management alumni gain relevant jobs or increased management positions in biopharmaceutical, medical device or in-vitro diagnostics companies upon graduation.
- The Birthplace of Biotechnology: 90% of Master of Biotechnology students have secured relevant jobs by graduation, and over 300 MBT alumni work in the field in the Bay Area, the heart of the industry.
- Alumni Network and Internships: More than 120 companies have hired hundreds of MS Data Analytics students and alumni for internships and full-time positions in Silicon Valley.
- The Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Data Analytics (BSISDA): San José metropolitan area has the highest concentration of data scientists in the country, with an annual mean wage of $157,000, as compared to the national mean wage of $101,000 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- MS Data Analytics: Data science and analytics account for the largest share of growth in the information technology sector and employees are in demand. Annual mean wage for careers in this thriving field is $157,000, more than a third above the national median pay in the same industry (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- MS Artificial Intelligence: The Bay Area is the center of this innovative and rapidly expanding field, with annual mean wages for Masters degree level position about $210,000 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Master of Design, Experience Design: (Coming AY 2023-24) One of the fastest growing fields in the country, more than 21,000 openings for web developers and digital designers are projected each year over the decade. In Silicon Valley, the annual mean wage is this field is $138,000 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Share and Print