Knowledge of sexual health and wellness is essential for college students. Enrich your health and well-being by learning how to engage is safer sex practices, foster healthy relationships, and recognize signs of domestic violence. Talk to a Health Educator to learn about important services and options available to you.
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). We devote every April to bringing awareness to issues of sexual assault through programming to help educate and connect our community to create change. During SAAM we engage with the campus on these issues through a variety of programming elements: podcasts, social media campaigns, workshops, events and outreach. This year’s theme, “We Can Build Safe Online Spaces,” highlights areas of need especially during this time in a pandemic where many of us are spending more of our time in digital spaces.
All details of events and programs are available @ bit.ly/sjsusaam2021
Meet with a Health Educator
Consultations are 30-minute, private, 1:1 appointments with a professional health educator. Please call 408-924-6122 to make an appointment.
Consultation topics include:
- Birth control and pregnancy options
- Sexually transmitted infections (prevention, testing, treatment)
- Recognizing healthy, unhealthy, and abusive behaviors in relationships
- Consent and communication
Wellness Lounge, Student Wellness Center 101 (closed until further notice)
While the Wellness Lounge is closed, the Wellness & Health Promotion team is committed to continuing this important service by mail - for FREE! Current SJSU students can request supplies by submitting the Condom Co-Op Request Form.
The Condom Co-Op provides thousands of safer sex supplies to SJSU students each year. Items available at the Condom Co-Op include:
- Latex Condoms
- Non-Latex Condoms
- Internal/Female Condoms
- Dental Dams
To learn more about these items, check out our Condom Co-Op Resources & Handouts Folder on Google Drive.
Your Condom Co-Op on the go! At participating locations around campus, get access to condoms and other safer sex supplies on-the-go. Stay tuned for more information.
Request a Presentation/Workshop
Peer Health Educators (PHEs) are students who teach their peers about health topics through presentations, workshops, and other interactive events. To request a presentation or workshop on Sexual Wellness, please complete the Workshop Request Form.
- Family PACT
- Go Ask Alice
- How to Use a Dental Dam [pdf]
- How to Use an External/Male Condom [pdf]
- How to Use an Internal/Female Condom [pdf]
- SJSU Student Health Center: The Student Health Center offers many sexual health services including free or low cost STI testing, birth control options, and preventative screenings. Make an appointment by calling (408) 924-6122.
- Title IX at SJSU – How to Report a Title IX incident
- YWCA Silicon Valley: The 24/7 Support Hotline in English and Spanish provides survivors of sexual assault with crucial resources, support, and advocacy efforts. SJSU students can access these services by calling 1-800-572-2782.