Welcome to Academic Technology! The function of Academic Technology at San José State University is to support the instructional mission of the University by providing technology for teaching and learning in both the physical and online teaching environments. In addition, some units support administrative technology and events on campus. The seven units are described below:
Technology for teaching and learning on-site in the campus classrooms
- Classroom Technology Support installs and maintains technology for the university general assignment classrooms.
- Academic Technology Services instructs and loans out multimedia equipment for teaching and learning in the classroom.
- The Academic Technology Network group schedules and supports our video and web-conferencing rooms for distance education and lecture capture.
Technology for online teaching and learning
- eCampus implements, administers and supports the software needed for online teaching and learning.
Technology for university and administrative functions and events on campus
- Media Production creates media to support classroom instruction and administrative mission.
- Desktop Support installs and maintains administrative office technology.
- The Academic Technology Computer Center supports questions about technology, distributes software and supports a physical lab for students in the Student Success Center.
Support: The entire Academic Technology staff are eager to support faculty, students, administrators and staff through our wide range of services and initiatives. Please contact us with feedback on current services or suggestions for improvement.
Accessibility: Visit Accessibility @ SJSU for more information about the campus commitment to the Accessibility Technology Initiative. You can also view our SJSU Captioning Guidelines and Processes document for information specific to captioning content.