Welcome to Academic Technology! The function of Academic Technology at San José State University is to support the instructional mission of the University by providing technology for teaching and learning in both the physical and online teaching environments. In addition, some units support administrative technology and events on campus. The seven units are described below:
Technology for teaching and learning on-site in the campus classrooms
- Academic Technology Support (ATS) is a new Academic Technology unit that is combining the functions of Classroom Support and Media & Equipment Checkout. They provide a wide range of audio/visual equipment, computers and accessories. They also maintain and support all equipment in the university lecture rooms.
- The Academic Technology Network group schedules and supports our video and web-conferencing rooms for distance education and lecture capture.
Technology for online teaching and learning
- eCampus implements, administers and supports the software needed for online teaching and learning.
Technology for university and administrative functions and events on campus
- Media Production provides professional production services for SJSU. They specialize in photography, videography, editing, new media production and faculty consulting.
- Information Technology Support Services assists users in troubleshooting problems with operating systems, software/hardware and with configuring and making use of selected desktop software packages.
- Desktop Support installs and maintains administrative office technology.
- The Academic Technology Computer Center supports questions about technology, distributes software and supports a physical lab for students in the Student Success Center.
During the Spring 2014 semester, San José State University faculty members participated in a survey that gathered information regarding their use of technology for teaching and learning activities. The objectives of the SJSU instructional technology survey were: to provide information to help better support the technology needs and priorities of faculty in the context of teaching and learning and to determine what technology functions faculty need for instruction (either face-to-face in classrooms or virtually online) so these could be built into the teaching spaces to enhance the teaching and learning environment.
Support: The entire Academic Technology staff are eager to support faculty, students, administrators and staff through our wide range of services and initiatives. Please contact us with feedback on current services or suggestions for improvement.
Accessibility: Visit Accessibility @ SJSU for more information about the campus commitment to the Accessibility Technology Initiative. You can also view our SJSU Captioning Guidelines and Processes document for information specific to captioning content.