About University Help Desk
The SJSU Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) Help Desk is a first point of contact for service and support at San Jose State University. Our mission, as a help desk and a computer lab, is to help students achieve their academic goals using technology.
To provide quality service to the SJSU Students, Faculty and Staff through problem recording, tracking, ownership and resolution to increase customers' productivity and success. Furthermore, the ITSS Help Desk team is dedicated to fostering an environment which encourages self-reliance and the use of available technology and to provide informational resources that track, resolve, and offer solutions to IT issues.
- Offer support through multiple service channels.
- Increase our "first contact" resolution rate.
- Provide and maintain a working environment that is conducive to creating a positive experience for our customers.
- Continuously improve our skills, service, and equipment.
- Improve our customer communication and workflow process.
- Publish reports on technology resource use.
Commitment to delighting our customers anytime, all the time by:
- Being dependable, responsive, proactive and professional.
- Taking ownership of the problem at hand.
- Adding value at every opportunity in the delivery of our solution.
- Constantly seeking opportunities to enhance our customers' experience.
Service Level Standards
- Answer all calls to (408) 924.2377 when delivered such that "in-queue" time does not exceed 60 seconds during normal business hours 95% of the time.
- Return all Voice Mail calls within an hour during business hours.
- Maintain a "call abandoned" rate of 5% or lower.
- Route calls, with appropriate information, to the other IT service provider groups at SJSU.
- Maintain ownership of a problem or case until it is either resolved or routed to a party able to make resolution.
- Escalate a case to the appropriate managers when the service level time-frame has been exceeded.
- Publish monthly reports on our customer resources usage.