Audio Visual Tech Services
The Audio Video Technical Services repair shop was established to maintain university owned A-V equipment, which is not only part of Academic Technology Media Services inventory, but equipment owned by various university departments.
An A/V technician will consult with departments regarding the maintenance and repair of malfunctioning department-owned equipment. We research and recommend equipment to campus departments for purchase (vendor/model) etc.
How can I contact A/V Tech?
A request can be submitted to the SJSU Help Desk by phone (408) 924-2377 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
What can A/V Tech Do?
After a request is submitted, Audio Video Technical Services is equipped to conduct the following actions:
- A/V service technicians will diagnose equipment problems.
- Within the limitations of unit resources, A/V service technicians will make repairs on equipment.
- If the repair is beyond the resource limitations of A/V services, the owner will be advised of the potential cost to repair the equipment or an outside vendor will be suggested.
- A/V Technical Services will advise departments how to submit equipment needing repair.
- If repair work is conducted on campus, departments will be charged only for replacement parts, not labor costs associated with in-house repair. If we do not have parts or a service manual for equipment needing repair, departments will be notified and charged accordingly, but not for labor.
Despite all precautions, there may come a time when electronic equipment will fail during class. This is when you want assistance immediately by repair or a system backup. Under certain conditions we can offer that level of service.
Items that can be serviced include:
- LCD projectors
- DLP projectors
- Laptop Computers
- Cassette recorders/players
- CD recorders/players
- Dictation Equipment
- Record players
- Film projectors
- Slide projectors
- Sound systems
- Miscellaneous equipment