Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Winter Session?Winter Session is a compacted session between the Fall and Spring semesters, offering degree credit courses and some short courses. Enrollment is not limited to full-time and part-time SJSU students. Any adult member of the community is eligible to enroll.
- Who may attend?Classes are open to college and university students, high school graduates and other adults from the community. You do not have to be accepted to San José State University to attend this session.
- How many units can I take?Students are allowed to take up to 4 units for Winter Session. To request for more than 4 units, students must file a petition for excess units form before the registration deadline.
- How do I re-enroll if I've been dropped from my class for non-payment?
- Find your class in the course schedule to obtain your instructor’s email address; it’s linked to the instructor’s name.
- Email your instructor to request an add code.
- Register via MySJSU or via the registration form on the first day of class to get enrolled.
- Pay your fees before payment due date.
- How do I register for my class if I missed the advance registration period?
If you missed the advance web registration period, you must wait until the first day of instruction to register for your class. You can register online using MySJSU.
Beginning Friday, January 5, all students must use a Late Enrollment Petition form with instructor, department chair and CPGE Associate Dean signatures to register.