Admitted students should wait until after attending an orientation program before requesting an appointment with a college student success center and Academic Advising and Retention Services. Students who have not yet been admitted to SJSU should make an appointment for advising with Student Outreach and Recruitment.
Your college student success center and Academic Advising and Retention Services provides general education academic advising to ensure your academic success and help you achieve your educational goals. To make the most of your advising sessions, please observe the following:
- You must be a currently matriculated student at the time you make an appointment.
- Provide a complete set of all college transcripts–unofficial copies are acceptable.
- Provide a copy of your General Education certification if you attended a California Community College. A partial certification is acceptable.
- Review your MyProgress and MyPlanner reports prior to your appointment
- Learn the requirements for your major.
- See your major advisor.