Transfer GE Courses to SJSU

You can take certain courses at another university or community college to meet your GE requirements. Visit or Articulation website (see Course-to-Course Articulation) to learn exactly which courses from another campus can be used to meet your GE requirements here at SJSU.

You can also use CSU Fully Online to find acceptable courses.

Meet with an adviser in your college’s student success center to confirm how you can meet your GE requirements with these courses.

Transfer students who complete any portion of upper division GE at another CSU campus may request equivalency for coursework in SJSU Studies. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Education for evaluation of coursework.

Choosing Classes as a Transfer Student

Note: The video refers to the old SJSU catalog link. The new online catalog can viewed by visiting

Find Classes in CalStateOnline

Find and register for transferable, online courses at other Cal State Universities and California Community Colleges that count for credit at your campus. It's easy to search and filter over 70,000 online course offerings from both the CSU and California Community Colleges to find the right class for you - one that fits your schedule and helps you graduate faster.