International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) centralizes immigration advising resources and co-curricular support programming for international students and scholars on campus. Our goal is to serve the needs of our international students and scholars and to enhance their experience in the United States and to integrate them into our community, while also contributing to their success during their tenure at SJSU and beyond.
News & Updates
- Post-OPT Applications for Summer Grads-- Please review the Post-Completion OPT tutorial for the updated summer 2020 graduate OPT authorization dates.
- Effective Friday, May 15th, ISSS will begin to require all international students who wish to apply for initial, Post-Completion OPT or STEM-OPT Extension to pay a one-time fee. The fee will be $150.00 for Post-Completion OPT and $300.00 for the STEM-OPT Extension. This fee will be in addition to the USCIS $410.00 OPT (I-765) application fee. Please go to the following link to pay the fee if you apply for OPT (Post-Completion or STEM-Extension) on or after May 15th, 2020.
- F-1 FAQ for Covid-19-- We have compiled a FAQ list based on your queries from our virtual Town Hall Meetings. This FAQ addresses travel, employment, online courses, Credit/No-Credit courses, etc. during the Covid-19 pandemic. Prior to scheduling an appointment with us, please review this FAQ.
- Sprintax Tax Webinar -- Our partners at Sprintax just put together a very useful webinar for international students to guide them on maintaining tax compliance during these very trying times. Please click on the following link to access the webinar: Sprintax Tax Webinar
- ISSS services move online --Effective 03/17/2020, all ISSS operations will continue remotely. You will be able to schedule a zoom advising session with our advisors by going here.
- Please go here for updates on SJSU's response to the COVID-19 virus. You may also visit the Santa Clara County Public Health Center's website for the latest updates of coronavirus in Santa Clara County.
- Global Connections (Virtual): Every Monday from 12 to 1 via Zoom--Join our weekly Global Connections meetup to connect with people from around the world, explore cultural topics, and learn tips for improving your overall well being. Open to all students.