Spartan Experience for Transfers (SET) Orientation is going virtual!
As a result of recent developments surrounding COVID-19, New Student and Family Programs has decided to make our summer orientation program a virtual experience. We are excited to use our virtual platforms to welcome you to SJSU!
Students attending an Spartan Experience for Transfers (SET) who need live captioning or other accommodations should contact the Accessible Education Center (AEC) at email@example.com as soon as possible or at least two weeks prior to attending your orientation session.
All admitted transfer students must attend one virtual SET session and participate for the entire duration of the program, which is a one day experience. SET will begin with check-in at 9:00 am and ends once you are done with your advising and course registration overview. At your SET you will get an official campus welcome, hear from various departments including Financial Aid and the Office of Diversity Equity and Inclusion, get a chance to connect with your Orientation Leader, and get an opportunity to meet with your college success center and learn about academic requirements at SJSU.
SET is mandatory and attendance will be recorded. If you do not attend, or if you leave during any portion of the event, you will be blocked from registering for classes and will NOT be able to attend SJSU in Fall 2020.
You will be sent a confirmation letter to your MySJSU Messages under your one.SJSU.edu student portal with more information one (1) week prior to your orientation.
2020 SET Session Dates
- Session 1: Tuesday, June 16, 2020
- Session 2: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- Session 3: Friday, July 10, 2020
- Session 4: Friday, July 17, 2020
- Session 5: Tuesday, July 21, 2020
- Session 6: Friday, July 24, 2020
- Session 7: Friday, July 31, 2020
- Session 8: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
SET Orientation Schedule
You can access the SET Orientation schedule HERE (schedule coming soon).
Changing your SET Session
You may change your session in your Next Steps portal. Unfortunately, AFTER the June 1 deadline, we will be unable to accommodate changes to orientation sessions. If you have an emergency, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before Attending SET
- Complete Spartan Link Online Orientation
- Review your confirmation letter sent to your MySJSU Messages (access through your one.SJSU.edu portal) one (1) week prior to your SET session
What to Expect at SET
- Discussion and explanation of key university services.
- Facilitate connections with other staff, faculty and your fellow incoming students.
- A General Education advising workshop to help in planning your academic schedule.
Orientation for the Parents/Families of Transfer Students
We understand many Transfer students have parents and families who would like to know how they can support their Spartan. We will host a virtual orientation program tailored to the needs of the of transfer students on Thursday, July 23rd from 5-8pm via Zoom and prior registration is not required. You may attend the virtual orientation program for the parents and families of transfer students on Thursday, July 23 at 5:00pm PST by visiting the webinar found here.
Questions? Email email@example.com for information on parent/family programs.