Employee Reporting Requirements
Employee Reporting Obligation
All SJSU employees, who are not designated as a confidential resource, are required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX nad Gender Equity Office. This also includes Student Employees and Resident Advisors (RA's). If you do not know whether information you received is a possible Title IX incident, we still encourage you to call and consult with the Title IX and Gender Officer. The Title IX and Gende Equity Officer will review the information and make the determination whether the incident is covered under Title IX and relevant CSU policies.
To Report a Possible Incident
To report a possible incident, please email a summary of the reported incident to the Interim Title IX and Gender Equity Officer, Peter Lim at:
- firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Via telephone: 408-924-7290 (M-F, 8AM-5PM) and 669-877-0620 (After Hours, Voice/Text); or
- In person: our office is located on Clark Hall 1st Floor, Room 126; or
- by submitting a completed Incident Reporting Form
Please include all known information, including:
- Your name and contact information
- The name and contact information of the student/employee who disclosed to you
- The name of the respondent, if known
- A summary of the incident
If appropriate, the Title IX and Gender Equity Office will send an outreach letter to the student/employee who experienced the incident. The outreach letter will outline their rights and options, as well as the option of scheduling a meeting with the Title IX and Gender Equity Office.