Tuition Fee Waiver
- Eligible faculty and staff, may take courses at any of the CSU’s 23 campuses at a reduced rate or transfer the benefit to a qualified dependent
- Take two (2) courses or six (6) units, whichever is greater, per term
- Courses taken under the fee waiver program must be taken for credit, they may not be audited.
- Not available for Open University or Special Session courses
- Application must be submitted each term for the fee waiver to take effect. Fee waivers applications will not be processed after the academic year has ended.
- Employees and their dependents who are taking graduate level courses are subject to taxation.
- For guidance on how to use Tuition Fee Waiver, see the Tuition Fee Waiver Help page.
- Find answers to commonly asked questions on the Fee Waiver FAQ's page.
- Job Related – Take courses specific to your job
- Career Development – Apply for an undergraduate or graduate degree program and take courses to complete the degree
- Dependent Fee Waiver – Transfer your benefit to a qualified dependent
- Teaching Associate
Questions? Contact the Tuition Fee Waiver Program Coordinator for more information.