Department advisors, also known as faculty advisors, are professors who can answer questions related to your major or your minor.
You can meet with your department advisor regarding the following:
- Major/Minor Course Requirement Advising
- Major/Minor Course Planning and Sequencing
- Graduation Review and Approval
- Petition Signing (May also need Associate Dean's Signature)
- Juniors and seniors will receive most of their advising from department advisors.
Department Advising Information
Change of Major/Minor Request
If you are looking to change your major to or add a minor from a College of Social Science program, make an appointment with a department advisor in the prospective department. Please note that the change of major process for each CoSS major varies depending on department requirements as well as impaction thresholds.
Major Road Maps for 2020/2021
Please visit MyRoadMap to find your major roadmap.