Department Advising

Department advisors, also known as faculty or major advisors, can answer questions regarding the following:

  • Changing into one of the majors below
  • Major/Minor Course Requirement Advising
  • Major/Minor Course Planning and Sequencing
  • Graduation Review and Approval
  • Petition Signing (May also need Associate Dean's Signature)
  • Juniors and seniors will receive most of their advising from department advisors.

Department Advising Information

Change of Major/Minor Request

If you are looking to change your major to or add a minor into a College of Social Science program, please make an appointment with a department advisor in the prospective department. Please note that the change of major process for each major varies, depending on department requirements, as well as impaction thresholds.


Major Road Maps 

 Please visit MyRoadMap to find your major roadmap.