Department advisors, also known as faculty advisors, are professors who can answer questions related to your major or your minor.
You can meet with your department advisor regarding the following:
- Major/Minor Course Requirement Advising
- Major/Minor Course Planning and Sequencing
- Graduation Review and Approval
- Petition Signing (May also need Associate Dean's Signature)
- Juniors and seniors will receive most of their advising from department advisors.
Department Advising Information
Change of Major/Minor Request
If you are looking to change your major to or add a minor from a College of Social Science program, make an appointment with a department advisor in the prospective department. Please note that the change of major process for each CoSS major varies depending on department requirements as well as impaction thresholds[BROKEN LINK].
Major Road Maps
Please visit MyRoadMap to find your major roadmap.