The College of Social Sciences Success Center (CoSS SSC) provides General Education advising for undergraduate students majoring or intending to major in any of the departments in the College of Social Sciences (CoSS). We are committed to helping you develop a clear path to graduation and supporting your academic success.
CoSS SSC is dedicated to providing a welcoming and inclusive advising environment for students. We are committed to student success, promoting lifelong learning, and providing students the tools to make informed decisions about their academic goals.
Meet our staff and advisors at the CoSS SSC
How to contact us at the CoSS SSC
- General Education Planning
- Reinstatement and Former Student Returning (FSR) Advising
- Academic Notice Advising
- Frosh Advising
- Sophomore Advising
- Transfer Advising
- Through academic advising at the CoSS SSC students will:
- Understand university policies and procedures and the difference between CoSS SSC Advisors and Department Major Advisors and when to engage with each.
- Determine and utilize the necessary resources and services to support their goals.
- Understand General Education Requirements.
- Exhibit an understanding of their degree requirements.
- Assist in selecting courses to progress toward completing their educational plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to make effective decisions, enhance problem-solving skills, and communicate effectively.
- Understand the importance of including experiences outside of the classroom in their educational plan.