- Baccalaureate degree with overall minimum GPA of 3.0 in last 60 semester or quarter units
- Strong writing skills and evidence of quantitative ability
- Multicultural experience
- Clear commitment to public health as demonstrated through work or volunteer experiences
- 2 years post-baccalaureate health related experience preferred
- Submission of 2 applications - To SJSU via Cal State Apply and to the MPH Program. See Checklist below for details.
MPH Admissions Checklist:
Step 1: Apply to SJSU
- Apply online at Cal State Apply
- Review SJSU/Cal State Apply deadlines
- SJSU deadlines differ from the MPH program deadlines. Please take a moment to review SJSU's Domestic and International application deadlines: SJSU GAPE Deadlines
- SJSU Domestic deadline is June 1, 2022 (document deadline June 20, 2022).
- SJSU International deadline is April 1, 2022 (document deadline April 20, 2022).
- Pay application fee
- Sealed official transcripts
Step 2: Application to the MPH Program
- Select one format only (Campus or Online). You may not transfer after acceptance.
- Complete application
- Review MPH Program deadlines
- MPH application deadlines are listed in the MPH Admissions Information Packet and the MPH Application. Please review both links.
- MPH application deadlines are:
- February 1, 2022 (early admissions)
- June 1, 2022 (regular admissions)
- If you are an International applicant, you must submit an application by April 1, 2022 to abide by SJSU's deadline.
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Must be on official letterhead, signed, and include contact information for author. The MPH Program will request letters from your writer. Letters from applicants will not be accepted.
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages).
- More informations is in the MPH Admissions Information Packet below:
- MPH Admissions Information Packet
- Link to MPH Application: https://sjsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9mnoI7H9fXnsTIy