International Steps to Admission

For purposes of admission to SJSU, please apply to the following category based on your current citizenship or visa status:

International Application
  • F1 Visa
    • Applying from home country or,
    • Already in the U.S. on F1 Visa (e.g. transfer or change of level) or,
    • B Visa holders who will need to change their status to F1
  • J1 Visa seeking

U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees, H4, H1, F2, and all other visa holders should use the Domestic Steps to Admission.

Note: If you are currently on an H4 or F2 visa and want to convert to an F1 student visa, apply as a Domestic applicant. If admitted, you will need to work with the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) Office to apply for a change of status.

Select each step below and discover the required actions to complete your university application.