Changing Your Academic Level

These instructions are for newly admitted graduate international students who just completed their SJSU undergraduate or graduate degree program.

If you are admitted, you will receive an admission notice on your MySJSU account within 4-5 days. Please be sure to download your official admit letter from the Next Steps portal.

If you have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at SJSU and have been admitted to a Master’s degree program at SJSU, you will need to complete the Change in Educational Level I-20 Request form and submit it to ISSS. After you have submitted your form, ISSS will create a new I-20 for you and email you when your “Change in Educational Level” I-20 is ready.

You can find more detailed information about changing your academic level by visiting the ISSS website