Academic and Test Preparation (ATP)
Improve your English and develop the academic skills necessary for success in an American university or college. The Academic and Test Prep program is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA), so you can be sure the instruction you receive is of the highest quality.
- Accredited by CEA
- Beginning, intermediate, and advanced proficiency levels
- Core courses in Oral Communication, Written Communication, and Reading Skills
- Learn test preparation strategies with our GRE and TOEFL elective classes and workshops
- Customize your study schedule with elective classes such as Eglish through TED Talks, American History, TOEFL Preparation, Business English, Clear Communication
- Small class sizes
- Free campus Wi-FI access
- Free Clipper Card - local transportation pass
- Regularly scheduled Institutional (paper-based) TOEFL
The Academic and Test Preparation (ATP) program holds full-time in-person classes on the SJSU campus in Fall 2022. This means that F-1 students who would like to maintain their current Active SEVIS status will need to take their classes on the SJSU campus throughout their enrollment. IG will also be able to issue the Initial I-20 form for new F-1 students to join ATP.
- You must be 18 years or older or have graduated from high school
- F-1 and Non-F-1 visa holders are welcome to apply
- Full-time (for F-1) and part-time enrollment (for non-F-1 students) options are available
- Classes start year round (January, March, June, August or October)
- Study for a full semester (17 weeks) or a 9-week session
Sample Schedule for In-Person Studies
*This is an example schedule. Actual student schedule may be different.
|Written Communication||Oral Communication||Written Communication||Oral Communication|
|Elective Course||Reading Skills||Elective Course||Reading Skills|
- Students may be eligible to take one to three units of transferable university credit in a variety of subjects.
- Concurrent enrollment courses are based on availability. Some majors are more impacted than others. Please note that Computer Engineering is not open to students enrolled in the ATP program.
- There is an additional fee of $400 per unit for SJSU classes.
Here’s what Nawaf has to say: “Being a student at IG has helped me in learning not only English, but also valuable skills such as critical thinking and public speaking. In IG, I was able to meet the world at one place by making international friends. I would definitely study at IG, if I had the chance again because it changed my whole life and prepared me for college life.” Read more stories