Academic and Test Preparation (ATP)
The ATP program is an intensive, academic program to prepare students for university and college study and for achieving professional and personal goals. ATP courses are fast-paced and most suitable for students who have previous academic English training and have the ability to speak, listen, read, and write English with a minimum of basic skills. The ATP program is not recommended for low beginning level students.
The Academic and Test Prep program is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA), so you can be sure the instruction you receive is of the highest quality.
- Core courses in Oral Communication, Written Communication, and Reading Skills
- Test preparation strategies for TOEFL and IELTS university admission tests
- Content courses such as Idioms and Slang and American History to enhance your knowledge of language and cultural skills
- Small class sizes
- Free campus Wi-FI access
- Free Clipper Card - local transportation pass
- Regularly scheduled Institutional TOEFL
- You must be 18 years or older or have graduated from high school
- F-1 and Non-F-1 visa holders are welcome to apply
- Full-time (for F-1) and part-time enrollment (for non-F-1 students) options are available
- Classes start year round (January, March, June, August or October)
- Study for a full semester (17 weeks) or a 9-week session
Sample Schedule for In-Person Studies
*This is an example schedule. Actual student schedule may be different.
|Written Communication||Oral Communication||Written Communication||Oral Communication|
|Content Course||Reading Skills||Content Course||Reading Skills|
Full-time instruction is 20 hours of classes per week. For information about part-time instruction, please visit For F-1 and Non-F1 Applicants.
- Students may be eligible to take one to three units of transferable university credit in a variety of subjects.
- Concurrent enrollment courses are based on availability. Some majors are more impacted than others. Please note that Computer Engineering is not open to students enrolled in the ATP program.
- There is an additional fee of $400 per unit for SJSU classes.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out this form to receive more information about ATP.
Here’s what Nawaf has to say: “Being a student at IG has helped me in learning not only English, but also valuable skills such as critical thinking and public speaking. In IG, I was able to meet the world at one place by making international friends. I would definitely study at IG, if I had the chance again because it changed my whole life and prepared me for college life.” Read more stories