Semester at SJSU (SAS)
Study with American students and experience American university life!
Enroll in one or two semesters of full-time undergraduate or graduate study at San José State University without having to submit a formal application to the university.
What will Fall 2020 look like?
Due to COVID-19, SJSU courses are all online in Fall 2020. Here is what you can expect in the SAS program:
- Taking Fall 2020 SJSU online courses provides you with an opportunity to interact with American students from the comfort of your home without worrying about getting an F-1 visa.
- Online classes are held via Zoom meetings and are accessible from anywhere (your laptop or cell phone).
- To try out a course at SJSU, you can sign up for just one online course at a special price (for non F-1 students only).
- Qualified faculty members are well known for their expertise in different fields and are supportive of SAS students.
Through our Semester at SJSU (SAS) Program, students:
- may enroll in 12 units of undergraduate level or 9 units of graduate level SJSU coursework
- experience the expectations of American university classes
- study in classes with regular SJSU professors and students
- earn course credits that are posted to an official SJSU transcript
- transfer earned course credits to other colleges or universities
Note: SAS students must register during the first week of class through the "Open University" system. Enrollment in any specific SJSU course cannot be guaranteed.
- Work with an Academic Advisor to determine which courses will be most useful to you
- Advisors help you transfer your SJSU course units to other universities
SJSU courses are academic credit bearing. Students can order an official SJSU transcript with course grades at the end of each semester. These courses and grades are transferable to other universities.
Applicants must be 18 years old or older or have graduated from high school. Applicants must submit an online application and application fee.
The following documents are required in order to receive an SAS I-20 to apply for an F-1 visa:
- Passport Page
- Bank Statement in English of at least $19,000 USD
- Financial Statement Form for SAS
- High school certificate if you are under the age of 18
- For undergraduate students, an unofficial transcript is required showing all the courses that have been taken thus far
- SAS course wishlist which shows your 8 preferred classes that you would like to sign up for
- Proof of English Proficiency - the minimum English language proficiency requirements for SAS as follows:
|Undergraduate Study||Test||Minimum Score|
|Internet-Based TOEFL- iBT||71|
|International English Language Testing System- IELTS||6.0|
|Pearson Test of English-PTE||44|
|Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst - DAAD||B/C|
|Common European Framework of Reference - CEFR||B2|
|Institutional TOEFL (ITP)or Equivalent||530|
(200 Level courses)
|Internet-Based TOEFL- iBT||80|
|International English Language Testing System- IELTS||6.5|
|Pearson Test of English-PTE||53|
Students who have not yet attained the minimum required English language proficiency test score should apply for the Academic and Test Preparation (ATP) Program to help prepare them for university courses in a later semester.
Graduate Study (200-level courses) Additional Admissions Requirements:
- Students submit an unofficial undergraduate transcript showing completion of a 4-year bachelor's degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- Students must not be in a disqualified status from SJSU or have been denied admission into an SJSU graduate program.
- Students can enroll in a maximum of 9 units of graduate/200- level courses.
- SAS graduate enrollment is limited to one semester.
To apply for the program, please visit our Apply Now page for more information.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.