2022 - 2023 Updates
- 1/25/23 - The Radlauer group welcomes six new members! Welcome to the group Jacob, Nicole, Dahlia, Victoria, Aracely, and Sanjana!
- 12/15/22 - Jen graduates with her degree in Chemistry! Thank you Jen for all you've done for the Radlauer group!
- 12/12/22 - The Radlauer group finishes off the fall 2022 semester with an end of semester gathering with some yummy lunch from Lee's Sandwiches. A well deserved break after finals. Good work this semester team!
- 12/2/22 - The Radlauer group expresses their creativity and art skills in CoS 3rd Annual Door Decorating Contest.
- 11/04/22 - Santiago, Melissa, Juancarlos, and Abi present their research at ABRCMS 2022. So proud of all your hard work!
- 9/26/22 - The @/madrablab creates an instagram. Follow us here!
2021 - 2022 Updates
- 07/17/22 - The Radlauer summer research group checks out the corpse flower in the SJSU greenhouse together. What a fun and smelly experience!
- 07/10/22 - The Radlauer Group holds their annual summer picnic at Houge Park with a competitive cornhole tournament. Congrats to Team Winners for taking first place!
- 06/06/22 - Kathleen and Santiago join the Radlauer group! Welcome Kathleen and Santiago!
- 05/20/22 - Lily and Su graduate with their Master's degrees in Chemistry and Katie, Ann, and Sayori graduate with degrees in Chemistry, Forensic Science with a concentration in Chemistry, and Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry, respectively. Congratulations graduates!
- 04/14/22 - Dr. Radlauer is honored as a recipient of the San José State University Research Foundation Early Career Investigator Award at the 2022 Celebration of Research. Radlauer is also featured in the ACS news article, Silicon Valley Chemist [pdf]
- 12/15/2021 - Matt and Zehra graduate with degrees in Chemistry. Congratulations graduates!
- 10/03/21 - After a competitive recruiting season, we have 8 new group members! Welcome to MS Chemistry students Tyeshia and Tony and undergraduates Aya, Abigail, Chris, Lily, Mejgon, and Stephanie! So excited to work with all of you!!
- 08/23/21 - First group meeting of the semester takes place in our new hybrid format with some folks on Zoom and some in the room. Just amazed that everyone could make it for most of the same hour each week.
- 08/20/21 - Funding notification from the NSF: Our NSF LEAPS grant entitled "LEAPS-MPS: Confinement of Organometallic Complexes within Structured Polymers for Site-Isolated Tandem Catalysis" was recommended for funding!
- 08/18/21 - Dr. Radlauer's collaboration with d-Orbital Games, SALC: An Orbital Arrangement Game, is available to the public. She will definitely have a copy in the office soon and will be playing it with the Chem 145 (Inorganic Chemistry) students this fall semester!
2020 - 2021 Updates
- 07/10/21 - The Radlauer and Simocko Groups come together for a picnic at Houge Park after more than a year of not seeing each other in person!
- 05/26/21 - Nick and Dillion graduate with degrees in Chemistry and Biochemistry, respectively. Congratulations graduates!
- 05/07/21 - Jen presented a poster at the 16th Annual College of Science Student Research Day. Great job handling the online presentation environment!
- 1/20/21 - A new Master’s student, Brenda, joins the group! Welcome!
- 12/16/20 - Crystal, Jessica, Vanshika, and Derscene graduate with degrees in Biochemistry, Forensic Science, Biochemistry, and Chemical Engineering, respectively. It’s tough not to get to celebrate together in person, but we were so happy to celebrate together at our virtual group party!
- 11/15/20 - Undergraduate Melanie and Melissa join the Radlauer group! Welcome Mel G’s!
2019 - 2020 Updates
- 5/21/20 - Dana and Tyler graduate with degrees in Materials Engineering and Forensic Science with a concentration in Chemistry, respectively. Congratulations graduates!
- 3/16/20 - Shelter-in-Place began in reference to the COVID-19 outbreak. The research lab was closed with the help of Vanshika, Derscene, and Thomas.
- 3/13/20 - Dr. Radlauer received notice that her R15 proposal, “Metallopolymers as Functional Metalloprotein Mimics with Secondary Coordination Sphere Interactions” was recommended for funding by the NIH! This is the group’s first big individual grant.
- 2/3/20 and 2/5/20 - Crystal and Katie join the Radlauer group! Welcome!
- 12/18/19 - Juan receives his Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, and Tori and Thomas graduate with Bachelor’s degrees in Chemistry. Congratulations! Lucky for us, both Tori and Thomas will be sticking around to do a little more research before they head off to get their PhDs at the University of Minnesota and Iowa State University.
- 9/7/19 and 9/11/19 - Ann, Jen, and Dillion join the Radlauer group! Welcome!
2018 - 2019 Updates
- 7/19/19 - It’s official! The NSF Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) grant “MRI: Acquisition of Gel Permeation Chromatograph with Multiple Detectors to Expand Capabilities for Macromolecular Characterization” led by Dr. Radlauer (with Dr. Simocko, Dr. McNeil (Chemical Engineering), and Dr. Tillman (Chemistry at Santa Clara University as co-PIs) has been funded! This grant will fund the acquisition of a brand new GPC with all the bells and whistles. We can’t wait to get more data!
- 5/22/19 - Jacob is hooded for his Master's in Chemistry and David, Harris, and Giovanna graduate with their degrees in Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Forensic Science, respectively. Congratulations graduates!
- 5/4/19 - Khahn gave an oral presentation and Jessica, Vanshika, and Derscene presented posters at the 31st Annual ACS Northern California Undergraduate Research Symposium held at Santa Clara University.
- 4/27/19 - Congratulations to Vanshika for getting 1st place in the Physical and Mathematical Sciences Undergraduate Session at the CSU Student Research Competition hosted this year at CSU Fullerton!
- 4/25/19 - Jacob was honored at the SJSU Club Sports Awards as the 2019 MVP, Male Athlete for distinguishing himself on the ice and roller hockey teams. Congrats!
- 4/25/19 - Juan & Tyler, Vanshika & Khanh, and Tori & David presented posters at the 15th Annual College of Science Student Research Day.
- 4/23/19 - Congratulations to Vanshika and Dana for being honored at the SJSU Celebration of Research!
- 4/20/19 - Congratulations to Dana for being selected for the Society of Plastics Engineers scholarship and for Best Poster (1st Prize) at the SPE Golden Gate Section Education Expo 2019! Her accomplishments were also featured in their June newsletter.
- 4/16/19 - Jacob, the first chemistry master's student in the group, presented his final oral seminar to the department. Congrats on a job well done!
- 8/14/18 - David presents his research at the CSU Summer Symposium and Graduate Fair at UCLA.
- 7/23/18 - Our new MBraun glovebox has arrived!
- 4/27/18 - The group has 2 posters at the College of Science Student Research Day led by Jacob and Andrew and Tori and Khanh. Great job yall!
- 8/21/2017 Prof. Radlauer's first official day at SJSU