Students can apply to SJSU SCILL Program online via CSU Mentor during the Spring semester preceding the academic year in which they wish to matriculate in the program.
The Admissions Committee reviews the applications and selects students for the SJSU SCILL Program. Final selection of candidates for the SJSU SCILL Program and internship placement will take place at an interview day at SJSU. The SJSU SCILL Mentorship Coordinator invites our top applicants for a written and oral interview in person.
Students seeking admissions into SJSU SCILL Program should be registered to MA or MS or MBT graduate studies in the Biological Sciences Department.
Priority will be given to students:
- That have completed a 4-year bachelor’s degree with classes in molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, or related discipline
- A science GPA of above 3.0
- A general GRE score of:
- 480 or above in Verbal
- 680 or above in Quantitative
- 4.5 or above for Analytical Writing
- TOEFL of 100, IELTS of 7.5 or Duolingo of 120 are all competitive scores
Additionally, lower scores can be compensated for with other application documents such as grades, letters, coursework, etc.
International students are welcome to apply if they secured an F1 VISA or authorization to work in the US or accept a scholarship.
Applicants with borderline prerequisites should contact SCILL director to further verify their qualification to apply to SCILL.