View our Freshmen Admissions website for a thorough overview of the minimum admission requirements.
A brief overview of the process is as follows:
- Be on track to complete A-G requirements with a grade of C- or better by high school graduation.
- Meet the minimum Eligibility Index score for the intended major.
- Apply at calstate.edu/apply October 1- December 4th of Senior year.
- Activate your MySJSU account. Read any messages and complete any To Do list items by the required deadline.
- All A-G minimum requirements must be completed by the high school graduation date. Students cannot use the summer after high school graduation to meet A-G requirements.
- It is the student's responsibility to read all messages and meet all required deadlines. Not reading an email is not an excuse for missing a deadline. Not extensions are granted for missed deadlines.
- For any questions, please reach out to our Pre-Admissions Counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Ready to Apply!
Apply to SJSU and any of the 23 CSUs through the Cal State Apply website at calstate.edu/apply.
|Admit Term||Domestic Freshmen||International Freshmen|
|FALL 2021||CLOSED||Open until April 1, 2021*|
|SPRING 2022||Opens August 1, 2021**||Opens August 1, 2021|
|FALL 2022||Open October 1, 2021 - December 4, 2021||Open October 1, 2021 - April 1, 2022*|
*Includes Military Veteran applications
**Spring is not always open for Freshmen applications. Additionally, not all majors are available to accept applications.
Cal State Apply Video
Prepare for the application! Watch our pre-recorded Cal State Apply workshop for Fall 2021 to learn how to fill out the application for SJSU.