Intern Program Requirements
In order to participate in our Special Education Intern program, students must:
- Be enrolled in one of our SJSU Special Education Credential programs
- Have completed 165 hours of prerequisite coursework or at least one semester in our program (3 courses) of special education coursework which must include the course EDSE 224
- Have a job offer as a teacher
- Have passed the appropriate CSET requirement
- Apply for the intern program
- Attend our Intern Institute if your application is accepted
Candidates must spend at least two semesters in the Intern Credential program. Transfers to the Intern program will not be accpeted in the final semster of a candidate's program.
Apply for the Intern Program
Complete each of the documents below. Email completed forms to Dr. Lisa Simpson, email : email@example.com . Be sure to read all forms carefully and submit the required documentation with each form.
Once the completed application is reviewed and approved, you will be provided with an Intern Memo to take to our Credential Services Office to apply for the Intern Credential.
- Intern Program Application [pdf]
- Intern Agreement Form [pdf]
- Support Provider Application [pdf]
- IRIS Module Instructions [pdf]
- Supervision Course Application
- Monday, July 11 - Friday, July 15