Request to Hire, Rehire, Change Employee Funding Account
If Tower funds are used to pay for work, the individual must be hired as a Tower employee. No work may begin until Tower HR has completed the employee orientation and payroll has notified the employee.
- Complete the appropriate appointment form below. Original signatures or DocuSign are accepted. Submit DocuSigned appointments to TowerHR@sjsu.edu.
- Once Tower approves of the funding and hire, Tower HR will contact the applicant to schedule an employee orientation.
- Tower HR will notify managers by email that the employee completed the orientation and will confirm the employment start and end dates. Employee may not work until the start date has been confirmed by payroll.
Submit the completed appropriate appointment form below, check the box for reappointment/rehire. No employee orientation is required. Tower HR will notify the employee and manager of the reappointment approval by email.
If an employee's funding account changes: submit the appropriate appointment form below, check the box new account/account change, and obtain the new account holder's signature.
Student Assistant* Appointment Form -
- Student Appointment Form [pdf] (Please attach a detailed job description & class schedule)
*Note: Students must provide current proof of enrollment (6 units min.) per semester and may not work more than 20 hrs/week.
Staff Appointment Form -
University Faculty Appointment Form -
Downloadable forms must be printed, filled out and signed (as required) before submission to the Tower Foundation.
- Employee Rights Notice: COVID-19, FFRCA [pdf] and Notice Eligibility & Request Form [pdf]
- Address & Name Change Form [pdf]
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Employee Benefits [pdf] and Employee Handbook [pdf]
- Employee Clearance Form [pdf] (Terminating Employment or Tower Funding)
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification [pdf]
- IRS form W-4 [pdf]
- Request for Verification of Employment [pdf]
Download the free Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.