Leave Requests

File a Leave Request Petition Form [pdf] if you are planning to be out for two or more consecutive semesters, with a maximum allowed of four semesters. Please read all instructions carefully.

A Leave Request must be submitted before the start of your second semester out. 

Before submitting this form, please review University Policy regarding Leave of Absence and Withdrawal by following these steps:

  1. Go to  SJSU Catalog
  2. Click "SJSU Policies and Procedures"
  3. Click "Undergraduate Information and Requirements"
  4. Click "Leave of Absence and Withdrawal." You will see the following policies' links:
    • One Semester Leave
    • Health Leave
    • Military Leave
    • Planned Student Educational Leave
    • Leave for International Students
    • Withdrawal from the University