Mission, Vission and Goals
The Accessible Education Center, through collaboration with the campus and community, is committed to redefining ability for students with disabilities by providing comprehensive services in support of the educational development and success of students with disabilities in a student-centered and professional environment.
The Accessible Education Center will be the leader in creating a welcoming and accessible campus for people with disabilities. Through collaboration and delivery of exemplary services, the Accessible Education Center will be the campus authority pertaining to disability issues and resources. The Accessible Education Center and its colleagues will promote independence and academic excellence by embracing and applying universal design concepts. The Accessible Education Center will be known for promoting disability as an essential element embedded in the fabric of diversity through 'Ability Redefined.'
To accomplish this mission, the Accessible Education Center has established the following goals:
- To foster an accepting, accessible campus environment in all university programs and services the university offers.
- To empower students, faculty and staff with disabilities to be self advocates and to enrich students with the skills to be productive citizens.
- To develop and manage resources effectively.
- To advocate for the needs and interests of students, faculty and staff with disabilities.
- To promote disability as an integral part of campus diversity.
- To collaborate with faculty to ensure access to the curriculum for students with disabilities.
- To partner with the campus to ensure information technology is accessible as it is deployed and utilized in the curriculum, student programs and services as well as the business operations of the campus.
- To be innovative, effective leaders acknowledging the efforts of our colleagues and students while nurturing both student development and collaborative approaches.
- To remain committed to our vision and mission.