Advising Links

Academic Advising for the Spring 2024 semester is now available.

All students must contact an advisor each semester before registering for classes and then their advisor will release their registration hold. Students are assigned to an advisor upon their acceptance in the department. In order to complete the academic advising requirement students must complete all instructions found below.

  1. Click on the link to download your advising form. This document is a fillable pdf that students should type answers directly on to the from. All areas of the form must be filled out completely. Spring 2024 Advising Fillable Form (Students Complete this Form) [pdf].
  2. Log onto your MySJSU student portal to download a copy of your MyPlanner report. Detailed instructions found here: My Planner Report Instructions [pdf]
  3. Combine the completed advising form and the MyPlanner report into one document (all students have access to Adobe Acrobat) and rename it in this format: Lastname_Firstname_Spring2024advising
  4. Visit the Spartan Connect tile on one.sjsu.edu and login to find your personal academic advisor. Detailed instructions found here: Advising Guide for Spartan Connect [pdf]
  5. Contact the your advisor about their availability.

Instruction Mode Information [pdf] is available as a resource to use in selecting your courses. 


Advising for undergraduate students will be handled as follows:

(Please contact your respective advisor for their advising days and times.)

Students with last names A - J
Udeme J. Ndon, udeme.ndon@sjsu.edu  
Professor, Environmental Engineering
408-924-3863 / ENG151
Students with last names K - R
Kurt M. McMullin, kurt.mcmullin@sjsu.edu  
Professor, Environmental Engineering
408-924-3855 / ENG171
Students with last names S - Z

Akthem Al-Manaseer, akthem.al-manaseer@sjsu.edu  
Professor, Structural and Materials Engineering
408-924-3860 / ENG167



Change of Major into Civil Engineering

Change of Major Advisor

Dr. Olivia Yip

If you are interested in changing your major into Civil Engineering, you should start by reviewing the Change of Major information on the Engineering Student Success Center website.
You must meet with the CE Change of Major Advisor to create a Study Plan prior to beginning the change of major process.