Academic Advising for the Fall 2023 semester will begin on Monday March 20th.
All students must contact an advisor each semester before registering for classes and then their advisor will release their registration hold. Students are assigned to an advisor upon their acceptance in the department. In order to complete the academic advising requirement students must complete all instructions found below.
- Click on the link to download your advising form. This document is a fillable pdf that students should type answers directly on to the from. All areas of the form must be filled out completely. Fall 2023 Advising Fillable Form (Students Complete this Form) [pdf].
- Log onto your MySJSU student portal to dowload a copy of your MyPlanner report. Detailed instructions found here: My Planner Report Instructions [pdf]
- Combine the completed advising form and the MyPlanner report into one document (all students have access to Adobe Acrobat) and rename it in this format: Lastname_Firstname_Fall2023advising
- Visit the Spartan Connect tile on one.sjsu.edu and login to find your personal academic advisor. Detailed instructions found here: Advising Guide for Spartan Connect [pdf]
- Schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor based on their set availability.
Instruction Mode Information [pdf] is available as a resource to use in selecting your courses.
Student Last Names A-K - Akthem Al-Manaseer
Akthem Al-Manaseer, email@example.com
Professor, Structural and Materials Engineering
TR 12:00pm-12:30pm ENG167
TR 2:00pm-3:30pm ENG167
W 11:00pm-12:00pm Virtual via Spartan Connect
Student Last Names L-Ne - Kurt McMullin
Kurt McMullin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor, Graduate Coordinator, Structural Engineering
Mondays 1:30pm-3:00pm. In person and virtual.
Mondays 8:00pm-9:00pm. Virtual
Wednesday 5:00pm-7:00pm In person and virtual.
Student Last Names Ng-Z - Indumathi Jeyachandran
Indumathi Jeyachandran, email@example.com
Assistant Professor, Systems Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, GIS
Mondays: 9:30am-12:30pm in ENG157 (In-person Walk-ins)
Tuesdays: 9:30am-10:30am (In-person Walk-ins in ENG157/Virtual on Zoom)
Thursdays: 3:00pm-4:00pm (Virtual on Zoom, appointments and drop-ins)
Zoom link for virtual appointments: https://sjsu.zoom.us/my/jeyachandrani?pwd=amNTclhsUDJCbXJPOVJDdFhVcUNNUT09
Change of Major into Civil Engineering
Change of Major Advisor
Dr. Olivia Yip
If you are interested in changing your major into Civil Engineering, you should start
by reviewing the Change of Major information on the Engineering Student Success Center website.
You must meet with the CE Change of Major Advisor to create a Study Plan prior to beginning the change of major process.