M.S. in Civil Engineering
Our graduate program mission statement is the graduate Program Educational Objectives (PEOs), which are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing the graduates to achieve.
- Program Educational Objectives
- Apply Online
- Makeup Requirements
- Graduate Study
- Completing the Program
- Candidacy Form
- Graduate Program Advising
- Graduate Areas of Study
- Former Students Returning
Program Educational Objectives
The graduate program’s educational objectives (PEOs) for Civil Engineering are to:
- Prepare students for their professional careers and licensure by strengthening their knowledge in their specialization (depth) and extending their skills and knowledge base (breadth);
- Provide students advanced proficiencies for professional practice to enable them to advance in the licensing process and equip them for advancement in their career;
- Improve students’ research skills and prepare them for further graduate study;
- Provide students with experience and skills for multi-disciplinary and cross-CE disciplinary practice.
Graduate Program Outcomes
Four Graduate Program Outcomes (POs) are aligned with the PEOs and are assessed in individual graduate courses.
By the end of the program, students should be able to:
- Apply advanced concepts, theory and analysis for problem solving;
- Synthesize and integrate necessary engineering concepts into engineering solution process;
- Apply modern tools for computations, simulations, analysis and design;
- Communicate effectively.