CHHS Student Success Center Services
The Student Success Center in the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) provides the following services online or over the phone to students majoring or interested in majoring in programs offered in CHHS Departments and Schools:
- Academic Advising (including General Education advising, major prerequisites, and the college's international experience requirement)
- Limited major advising, for specific major-related questions or substitutions please visit your major advisor.
- SJSU academic policies and procedures
- Graduation plans (2 & 4 year plans)
- Change of Major
- Assistance with the graduation application process
- Questions about academic probation, disqualification, and reinstatement
- Support program for students on academic probation
- Health professions career advising and graduate school planning (e.g., occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician's assistant)
- Peer Tutoring (including BIOL 65/66, CHEM 30A, PH 67 and STAT 95) is currently being offered online only.
- Help navigating MySJSU and the MyGPS suite of advising tools
- Learning Campus resources
How to Make an Appointment:
Please follow instructions below so we can respond to your inquiry in a timely manner. You may choose one of the following two options: Self-Schedule an appointment through Spartan Connect, or call the numbers listed below at the appropriate time.
Note: Graduate students seeking advising assistance should contact their home department. Your department is best suited for graduate level advising. If you are seeking International Experience advising, however, please call the CHHS Student Success Center.
Make an appointment through Spartan Connect (Online)
For calls between the hours of 9am to 1pm, please...
For calls between the hours of 1pm to 5pm, please...