How to Apply for Graduation
If you have completed 85 units or more towards your degree, you should be eligible to apply for graduation online in your major. You can apply for graduation via MySJSU.
Applying for graduation by the semester deadline gives you priority registration for the next one to two semesters, depending on your expected graduation term. For general graduation information, please visit the Office of the Registrar's Application Central.
As you may know, all departments within the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) have implemented the online graduation application. These majors include:
- Social Work
- Public Health and Recreation
- Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging
There is no need to submit a major form or a paper graduation application form to graduate. Simply use your MyProgress—accessed through your MySJSU portal—to monitor your progress towards graduation. When you are ready, apply online for graduation via your MySJSU account.
By clicking this YouTube video link, you can learn how to apply online for graduation and find the answers to the following questions:
- How do I know if I am ready to apply for graduation?
- For which term am I ready to apply for graduation?
- How can I use MyProgress to monitor my completion of degree requirements?
- What is the International Experience requirement, and does it apply to my major?
- If ready to apply for graduation, how do I apply online?
- If I have advising needs, what are my resources?
For further advising assistance, make an appointment through with the next available academic advisor OR contact your major department. You can make an appoinment on Spartan Connect or by contacting the CHHS Student Success Center.
You can visit this link [pdf] to view the Registrar’s guide on applying online for graduation.