This page gives you an overview of what you need to do to apply for graduation.
- Verify that you have earned at least 85 units or more (only count 70 units from the community college)
- Ensure you have good academic standing (probation is fine)
- Be able to complete all degree requirements within one or two semesters
- Review your GE and SJSU Studies requirements on My SJSU
- Review all expected transfer credits. Notify email@example.com of any discrepancies
- Ensure that you have declared all majors and minors
- Review your name, mailing address, and email address on MySJSU
- Check with your major department and follow their internal process to apply for graduation.
- If you have a minor, please submit a signed minor form (in a sealed envelope) to Window R at the Student Services Center.
- Learn more about the two graduation application formats. Some majors use a paper application, while others use the online process.
- If you have questions at any point in the process, please contact your graduation evaluator [pdf].
|Planned Graduation Term||Deadline 1*||Deadline 2†|
|Spring/Summer 2020||March 18, 2019||October 4, 2019|
|Fall 2020||October 4, 2019||March 16, 2020|
|Spring/Summer 2021||March 16, 2020||October 5, 2020|
*Allows two semesters with priorty registration
†Allows one semester with priorty registration
Please follow your College's instructions to apply for graduation. Some colleges have earlier internal deadlines relevant to graduation.
If you miss the application deadline, please contact your major advisor or success center.
- Application Received
- MyProgress/Major form reviewed by Graduation Evaluator
- Online applicants: Evaluator will use MyProgress to review degree requirements
- Paper/hybrid applicants: Evaluator will use your Major form to review degree requirements
- A notification is sent to your preferred email address
- If any deficiencies or issues exist, they will be listed here
- If substitutions (exceptions) are needed, please contact your department advisor
- If you have not heard from your evaluator within three months, please contact them [pdf].