In light of recent developments, the Graduation Application deadline has been extended to March 23, 2020. If you have not applied yet, please make sure to do so by this deadline. Go to Application Deadlines Table for more information.
This page gives you an overview of what you need to do to apply for graduation.
- Verify that you have earned at least 85 units. Only 70 units may be from another institution.
- Ensure you have good academic standing (probation is fine)
- Be able to complete all degree requirements within one or two semesters
- Review your GE and SJSU Studies requirements on MySJSU
- Review all expected transfer credits. Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of any discrepancies
- Ensure that you have declared all majors and minors
- Review your name, mailing address, and email address on MySJSU
- Check with your major department and follow their internal process to apply for graduation.
- If you have a minor, please submit a signed minor form (in a sealed envelope) to Window R at the Student Services Center.
- Submit your application.
- See the Graduation Application Format for your Major to select the correct process.
- The three options are detailed below.
- If you have questions at any point in the process, please contact your graduation evaluator [pdf].
|Online||Apply online via MySJSU. No need to submit a major form. You may use this option if your Graduation Status says Eligible for Graduation. If you need to apply late, please consult with your advisor. You will receive an email notification when your graduation evaluator has reviewed your file. Online Graduation Application tutorial [pdf]|
|Paper||Download and print the paper Graduation Application [pdf]. Collect the appropriate signatures from your department to complete the application and major form. Deliver both forms to Window R at the Student Services Center. Remember that the major form must be in a sealed envelope from your department. You will receive a worksheet when your graduation evaluator has reviewed your file.|
|Planned Graduation Term||Deadline 1*||Deadline 2†|
|Spring/Summer 2020||March 18, 2019||October 4, 2019|
|Fall 2020||October 4, 2019||March 23, 2020|
|Spring/Summer 2021||March 23, 2020||October 5, 2020|
*Allows two semesters with priority registration
†Allows one semester with priority registration
Please follow the instructions specific to your department/college when applying for graduation. Some departments have earlier internal deadlines for their application process.
If you miss the application deadline, please contact your major advisor or success center.
- Application Received
- MyProgress/ Major form reviewed by Graduation Evaluator
- Online applicants: Evaluators will use MyProgress to review degree requirements
- Paper applicants: Evaluators will use your Major form to review degree requirements
- Receive notifications via your preferred email address
- Review any deficiencies or issues identified in the email(s)
- Contact your department advisor if you require any exceptions or substitutions.
- Contact your evaluator [pdf] if no one has contacted you about your application within three months.