Verification of Enrollment or Degree
Enrollment/ Degree/ GPA Verification
The Registrar’s office will provide verification letters for students. Four types of letters are available:
- Enrollment, see Enrollment Status details.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Pending Degree (if graduation application is on records)
- Degree (after degree awarded)
All the third parties (such as other universities, potential employers, licensing boards, etc) must place their requests through National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). Note:
- Requires an online account with NSC.
- Verification services are normally available 24/7.
- If the student attended SJSU before 1992, the process may take 2-3 business days.
- When placing the request with NSC, be as complete as possible. Include all names used while attending SJSU, dates of attendance if known, social security number, and date of birth.
- NSC charges a fee for their services. Visit their website for the most current information
Email your request to email@example.com. Use your SJSU email address for security reasons. The following information is required:
- Your full name and any previous names you may have used as a SJSU student
- Your SJSU ID number (If not available, you may provide the last 4 digits of your social security number)
- Your date of birth
- Approximate dates of attendance
- How do you want to receive the letter? By mail, fax or email? Provide the complete address.
- Your contact information
- Your signature
For additional information about verification, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.