Verification of Enrollment or Degree
Enrollment/ Degree/ GPA Verification
The Registrar’s office will provide verification letters for students. The four types of letters available are:
- Enrollment verification, see Enrollment Status details.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Pending Degree (student has applied for graduation)
- Degree (after degree awarded)
All the third parties (such as other universities, potential employers, licensing boards, etc) must place their requests through National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). Note:
- Requires an online account with NSC.
- Verification services are normally available 24/7.
- If the student attended SJSU before 1992, the process may take 2-3 business days.
- When placing the request with NSC, be as complete as possible including all names used while attending SJSU, dates of attendance if known, social security number, and date of birth.
- NSC charges a fee for their services. Visit their website for the most current information
Verification requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use your SJSU email address for security reason. The following information is required:
- Your full name and any previous names you may have used as a SJSU student
- Your SJSU ID number (If not available, you may use your Social Security Number)
- Your date of birth
- Approximate dates of attendance
- Complete address where the letter should be mailed or fax number if it should be faxed
- Your contact information
- Your signature
For additional information about verification, contact the Registrar's Office.