CSU Fully Online
The CSU Fully Online program provides an opportunity for currently matriculated CSU students to enroll in a fully online course through another CSU campus. Students are limited to enrolling in one course at one campus each regular semester (fall and spring). The course is included in the student’s full-time tuition for that semester.
San Jose State University students are eligible to take courses through CSU Fully Online if they meet the following criteria:
- Have completed at least one semester and earned at least 12 units at San Jose State University as a matriculated student
- Have earned at least a 2.0 cumulative SJSU GPA and are in good academic standing
- Are paying a full-time rate at SJSU during the semester they are taking a Fully Online course
- Have paid all tuition at SJSU as a full-time student
Students from San Jose State University may only take courses at other CSU’s that are on the semester system.
Information about the CSU Fully Online program, including a self-assessment, can be found at the CSU Fully Online website
Students should consult with their academic advisor at SJSU to determine if a course offered through CSU Fully Online would apply to their degree requirements.
Instructions for how to enroll in Fully Online courses, see this page [pdf].
It is important for students to be aware of the policies at their host campus, including Add/Drop deadlines, prerequisites, co-requisites, and any course or lab fees.
If you have SJSU specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about CSU Fully Online, please email email@example.com
How to view the list of available courses?
- Visit the CSU Fully Online site
- Select your home campus and term you want to attend
- Click “Go” to see all the courses available to you
My home campus is a quarter system, can I enroll in courses at other campuses that are on the semester system?
What are the Add / Drop / Withdrawal deadlines?
- Add & Drop deadlines are based on the host campus that offers the course.
- Each campus has different policies.
- The SJSU deadlines are available on the Registration Calendar.
- If the student requests accommodations to the host campus policies, the "host" CSU campus will review and address them.
How do I register / Enroll?
- During the enrollment period for CSU Fully Online, active students with access to
self-service registration at their home campus will see the Enroll in CSU Fully Online link in their Student Center.
- Click on Enroll in CSU Fully Online
- Select term (e.g. Spring 2020)
- View the available classes
- Click on the Select Class button
- Review prerequisites, if necessary
- Select the course(s) that meet the prerequisites from your Course History.
- If the prerequisite course is not listed, manually enter the course information
- Confirm the prerequisite course by checking the Requisite Reviewed check box before completing the request.
How do I know if my request was successful?
- Students will use the CSU Fully Online site to verify successful enrollment.
- The portal will show one of three status indicators:
- Request Pending
- Not Enrolled
How do I drop my CSU Fully Online course?
- Student will need to drop the course at their host campus. Check the host campus for specific instructions.
- Non-SJSU (Visitor) students planning to drop an SJSU CSU Fully Online course should email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Does grade forgiveness apply to courses taken through the CSU Fully Online?
- Grade forgiveness can only be applied to courses taken and repeated at SJSU.
I am an F-1 or non-resident student, do I need to pay additional fees for my CSU Fully Online course?
- Pay your non-resident tuition, enrollment, and course/lab fees directly to the host campus.
- These are the only fees the host campus can collect for the CSU Fully Online program.
How do I request my official transcript once I’ve completed the course?
- You may request your official transcript from your host campus.
- Note that CSU Fully Online courses will appear as transfer credit on your home campus transcript at the end of the semester.
Can I apply for Financial Aid at the host campus?
- Financial aid is available only through the home campus.
- If you are eligible for veterans, rehabilitation, Social Security, and other federal, state, or county benefits, you must secure eligibility from your home campus.
Does the CSU Fully Online program offer academic advisors.
- Academic advising is only available through your home campus.