In this section, you will learn more about your diploma:
- Conferral Dates
- Name Printed on Your Diploma
- Printing and Delivery Schedule
- Mailing Address
- Diploma Not Received
- Information Displayed on the Diploma
- Holds on Your Account
- Replacement and Duplicates
- Diploma Holders and Medallions
See the conferral dates for the most recent and upcoming graduating classes:
|December 19, 2023
|May 24, 2024
|August 16, 2024
Students may use a name other than their Primary (legal) Name on their diploma. If the student adds a diploma name [pdf] before the deadlines below, we will use that name on their diploma. Otherwise the diploma will show the Primary Name from MySJSU.
- The Diploma Name will be used exclusively for diplomas. Please properly capitalize all names. If any field contains an initial, a period should immediately follow the letter (ex. A., H. W.).
- Transcripts and official university records will continue to use the student's Primary (legal) Name.
- To update your Primary (legal) Name, submit the Personal Information Change Request Online.
- After we print a diploma with the Diploma Name, students may order additional diplomas for a fee.
We award degrees on a rolling basis and typically print diplomas 4-6 weeks after posting degrees in MySJSU. Typical diploma arrival dates are shown below:
Be sure that your diploma/mailing address is current in MySJSU. Submit any address changes before the deadline below.
We will send diplomas to international addresses. However, the format of these addresses may vary. If you wish to use an international address, update your address in MySJSU and send an email to email@example.com to ensure we get your address in the correct format.
Deadline to add/ update Diploma Address:
A hold on your account may prevent us from sending your diploma. If you have not received your diploma within two months from the end of the semester, please email your evaluator. Students must report a missing diploma within 7 months of their commencement date. The deadlines are listed below:
July 31: Fall Graduates
Dec 31: Spring Graduates
Mar 31: Summer Graduates
Your diploma will include all majors, ONE minor, plus Latin and Department Honors
if applicable. If you have more than one minor, contact your evaluator regarding which minor will appear.
Students with financial holds on their account will not receive their diploma. Check MySJSU to see if you have any holds. Inform your graduation evaluator when you have cleared your holds.
You may place your diploma order online through our official diploma vendor, the Michael Sutter Company.
- Order a replacement diploma: There is a $10 fee for each diploma. Your diploma will be printed and mailed within three to four weeks of your order.
- Order an Official eDiploma: An eDiploma is a signed and certified PDF of your original paper diploma.
The Office of the Registrar will only send your diploma. For more information about medallions, regalia, or other commencement materials such as a padded holder, visit the commencement site or email the Special Events Team.